Easter Swap Hop - Spicy Choc Chip Cookies!



Let's preface this post by saying that I love these cookies. When I was making them I ate approximately 1/4 of the dough before baking it. They rocked my world. So much that they are already gone and I need to make some more, today!

At first I was a bit hesitant about swapping two recipes for the Easter Swap Hop because I'm rather good at over committing myself and then stressing out...BUT I didn't want anyone to miss out so I did it anyway. AND i'm so glad I did because otherwise I may not have ever seen this recipe and my goodness, I have a new favourite cookie. I'm in love with Amy from Blanche & Lola for bringing these cookie into my life!




I think it smells like Christmas and tastes like home (if home had a taste of course). I've re-named them Spicy Choc Chip Cookies because they are more than just a regular choc chip cookie!

So here's the deal - This recipe is double the original and i made about 20 cookies (including a generous amount of dough snacking). You don't want to make just 12 I'm telling you now.

What you need:
200g butter
200g muscovado sugar (I used brown)
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 tbsp golden syrup 
1 egg
300g self-raising flour (I used GF SR-Flour)
2 tsp mixed spice
100g dark chocolate chips

How to make: 
1. Cream together the butter and sugar
2. Stir in the golden syrup and vanilla extract (+ add egg)
3. Add the flour and spice and mix in
4. Stir in the chocolate chips (or smarties or m&m's etc.) 
5. Grab a tablespoon and place on a baking tray lined with baking parchment with some space for stretching ;)
6. Bake for about 12 minutes in a pre-heated oven at 180 degree centigrade

(Original recipe didn't call for an egg but I thought the mixture seemed a bit dry).


Make it, you won't regret it.

And I have also realised i've posted SO many recipes on this blog in the past few weeks! So keep an eye out for some non-food related posts soon (I swear!)

You can check out all the other bloggers who participated in the Easter Swap Hop and their recipes here (I'll add the others as they post them):
and don't forget to check out the #easterswaphop on twitter and instagram too!

Today I'm celebrating the birth of my older sister, who {sometimes} writes at Quirky & Curvy. Even 28 years later she's still looking out for me. Love you Jassie x


Happy Weekend!