I Love My Sunburnt Country... and a Lamington or two...

Today is Australia Day and although its not even half over I thought it'd jot down a few words. Read here if you want to know what Australia Day is all about... but for me, really it's mostly about:

1. Getting the day off work - YAY for public holidays
2. Eating lots of yummy 'Australian' food
3. Spending time with family & friends
4. Enjoying our glorious summer weather!

So far I have not gone to work (also helped by the fact i've taken the whole week off work to spend time with my dad & family), eaten plenty of lamingtons and a few other treats too (and 2 diet cokes), watched Despicable Me with niece & nephew (possibly the *cutest* animated movie out at the moment) and been swimming in my parents pool (after spending hours mowing their 2.5acre lawn!...i totally deserved my swim!)

I'll post again later if I manage to take some pictures. For now, you'll have to be happy with some I found from Flickr... aren't you jealous? I love Australia!


Oh and visit me on twitter. There is a link on the left hand side of the page... despite my protests about joining twitter (do we all really need another excuse to talk in the 3rd person??) i caved and joined up! So talk to me already :D