Give Me Love

Free Valentine Printable from Empapers 
In honour of the day of love, I proclaim this love week so my song for this week fits accordingly. But actually, that's not at all why I've listened to this song all week. I really just like it. I don't think it's because it's about love. I think most of the songs I like the most are. Aren't all the best songs about love? Well Queens song about a bicycle is pretty rad (listen here). Gotta love a catchy tune about an inanimate object.

So yes, love. I think it's pretty grand. I mean, I know i'm lucky. Once, a long time ago, I felt like people who said things like that were lying. That there was this secret cover up. A conspiracy to make people get married but really, behind closed doors, it was miserable and guys were horrid and made you feel worthless.

I was in a crappy relationship and (let's be honest) was miserable. A friend that I had enjoyed the 'single life' with had just gotten married and gushed to me on the phone about how amazing love was and how happy she was and how well he treated her and I agreed and gushed with her. Then I got off the phone and scoffed to myself 'what a scam, it totally has to be the rose covered glasses because that's just not real'. 

Fast forward to now, married to someone else (the right person) and I guess I sound like she did. But this is almost 3 years into marriage and with a whole lot of life experience behind me that all relationships aren't happy. I know they can take work and aren't just easy all the time. But can I just say that, we're almost 3 years in and it hasn't been hard. It's been wonderful. If I have to choose to spend time with anyone, i'd pick him. I prefer any type of outing with him there. It's not that i'm dependent on him but we are interdependent on each other. 

He respects me and I respect him. He values my opinion and I value his. He cares for me and I care for him. We focus on the little things to show we love each other and the big things fall into place. 

So I guess on this Valentines Day (Week), if you are lucky enough to be in love, enjoy it. cherish it. be grateful for it. and hopefully not just today but every day.

Do you have a favourite love song? What song is stuck in your head this week? 
Let me know in the comments.
Oh, and did you know I have a totally rad facebook page (ok it's just a regular facebook page) that you should come visit & like and/or you can get me on twitter/instagram/vine {@jessrfrost}