A stroll up a bridge with Harry Potter...

My knees are sore. Like i'm about 80 years old. and my feet.

You see, I don't like shoes very much. Don't get me wrong, i love gorgeous shoes as much as the next girl. But if I had a choice I'd prefer to be at home, walking around barefoot or in thongs (that's flip flops here in Australia). So when we had an epic day of adventure earlier this week, and I had to wear covered shoes (like my converse chuck taylors)...  my feet didn't enjoy it much.

But oh boy did I have an awesome day. Not only did I see lots of awesome stuff at the Harry Potter exhibition but I also did certainly get a bit of a neck rub while sitting atop the Sydney Harbour Bridge...let's see if your Thursday can beat that aye?

Let's just get out of the way now that I haven't read the Harry Potter books... I get bored reading. I think that's why blogs appeal to me... mostly short, to the point and on to the next. However, I love the Harry Potter movies. I made Mr. Frost watch all the movies in the week leading up to the last one so we had the story fresh in our minds...
Later in the day the Hubs even found an entrance to the Ministry of Magic! He's so clever that husband of mine!

The exhibition was great. The bad part is that you aren't allowed to take any pictures...and all my attempts to stealth-ily take some photos were unsuccessful (boooo!)

That's Tom & Hagrids clothes..although because I was trying to be sneaky paparazzi you can't actually see that Hagrid is about 5 times bigger than my Hubby (who is 6'2''!)

We also had a little look at other stuff around the Powerhouse museum too.. though we got fairly bored quite quickly.  

The Sydney Harbour bridge climb awesome! We first went into a little room, had to get breath tested (handy we don't drink anyway) and got our very fashionable climb suits. The weather wasn't too crash hot so we got rain pants, rain jacket and a head lamp because it was a night climb. We got to the practice ladders and I started to feel all clammy and nauseated. My head was hurting and my mouth was dry. The Hubs was giving me the 'are you freaking out?' look... and oh yes I was. I'm normally not bad with heights but I was getting pretty scared. Luckily when we got out into the fresh air I was 'relatively' ok.

 
(on a side note: I've decided I hate my smile with braces but I think without showing my teeth I look a combination between annoyed and constipated. In case you were wondering)

 Our climb leader was really cool and we were at the front of the group so while everyone else had to line up at certain spot and get their photos taken, we got to wait at the next point on the bridge. This means on 4 different occasions we were sitting atop the high arches of the harbour bridge, just taking in the view. On our way back down that dear husband of mine even gave me a little neck rub. And I only squealed a little (ok a lot) when I was climbing down one of the last scary ladders and a train went by about 1m away from me.
So yes... if you get the opportunity definitely do the Bridge Climb and the night climb is best if you aren't sure of the weather. It was rainy and windy but the city lights were magical so we loved it!

 
 (see what I mean about the closed mouth smile?)