Gift or Gift Card?

My birthday is in november. My darling hubster always tries to make it special as i LOVE birthdays and like to make a big fuss out of everyone else's birthdays.

I have a sister living in O.H.I.O (go Bucks!) and she is sending a big combo of all our birthday and christmas presents all together so I still have a present coming from her which I absolutely love... still celebrating my birthday in January... heck yes!!

Then today I realised I still hadn't used a present hubs gave me - a git certificate to The Vintage Pearl. They are in the US also and make gorgeous hand-stamped jewellery. YAY! even more presents in January. I put my order in today so I'll probably get it in February as they take a few weeks to be made and then sent. My November birthday in February... double yay!



Do you like your birthday to be extended out? Do you prefer presents of gift cards so you can pick something yourself?