Craftin' it up

Have you worked on any crafty projects lately? 
I'm trying to make sure in between work and sleeping that I make some time for crafty pursuits. 
They make me happy and I love seeing the end product!
(Cakes can count as craft don't they?)

Here are two things I have made in the last week...
I LOVE that the red velvet cake batter is almost the same colour as my kitchenaid :)
and I really think the finished cake looks like a quilted cushion, don't you think?

Before....
 and after!

Now I just need a cute baby to try it and on and take some photos! any volunteers?
(I am secretly impressed with myself that I read (& translated) the pattern! I've only been crocheting for less than 2 months... yay me!)

p.s. I'm having an odd moment that both things I made are red. I only realised this when posting the photos. Any one want to psycho-analyse what a subconscious attraction to red means?