YOU CAN DO TODAY




Anxiety sucks the big one. It's really something I've battled my whole life, though really only had a name for it when I got into my twenties. At the moment, it's kicking my a$$. That is usual when I have stressful stuff going on - infertility and IVF particularly. 

I've got myself to a place where I know certain strategies that will help me get through it. 

1. Yoga - it might sound silly but yoga is my number one lifesaver for anxiety. I highly (highly highly) recommend it for anyone - whether you have anxiety or not.

2. Focusing on one day at time. Any one going through infertility or with anxiety (or both!) knows it can be really hard to focus on just one day. There are so many what-ifs and scenarios you play out (over and over) in your head. I've chosen to give myself the goal of just working on what I need to achieve that day and thinking of things that made me happy that day. I'm going to post some on my instagram feed (@jessrfrost) from now on to help me remember them. (I'm even using my own hashtag - because that like totes validates it #youcandotoday)

3. Keep things simple. That means maybe saying no to some things. Making myself a priority. Taking time to do some things to feel good about myself - like maybe a sneaky pedicure.

When you are having a hard time, what are your coping mechanisms? I'd love to know.