A DECISION


I took this picture the other day in our kitchen while cooking dinner. I've been trying hard to focus on things I love and enjoy about each day and I just had to capture how much I love our little home.

The quote on the board "Why Not?" is from the movie 'We Bought A Zoo'. I think about it a lot. Just needing 20 seconds of courage. By focusing on one day at a time, and grasping at my own moments of needing 20 seconds of courage, things that seem insurmountable are possible. 

We've decided to get the ball rolling with IVF. It was hard to decide. We don't want to wait anymore. I think one of the hardest parts of infertility is waiting and having no control. So we're using our 20 seconds of courage.

We can't control if IVF will work but we can give ourselves the best chance at conceiving. I know, the IVF process is likely to be very difficult - emotionally and physically. But i'm excited we even have this option medically available.

I don't know yet how much I will share as it happens. This will be a highly emotional time for Tom and I and I think we'll need a little time to privately manage the outcome of it all.

I hope you understand. I will no doubt write about all of it - things that made it easier or harder {etc} that i'll share a little down the track.

As always, my goal with this blog {other than recording our life,} is to help others (even in the tiniest of ways) but at the moment, I don't think this is something I can share as it happens. It's too raw and I need work hard on taking each day at a time and being as calm and positive as I can.

So depending on a doctor go-ahead, we'll be diving into IVF before the end of the year. Please send us your prayers.