Seriously good pumpkin soup.




As I've said before, I only post a recipe if I absolutely love it! I made this Pumpkin Soup for dinner and it was SO yummy so that means you get to hear all about it.

Super Yum Pumpkin Soup

Ingredients:
1/2 whole butternut pumpkin/squash, cubed
1 potato, cubed
1 onion, roughly chopped
1 tbsp butter
2-3 cups vegetable stock
salt and pepper
low fat greek yoghurt or sour cream, to serve

Method:
Melt butter in a baking tray. Add in pumpkin, potato and onion and toss in the butter. Season with salt and pepper. Roast in 200C/400F oven until soft (about 30mins). Add to a large saucepan/soup pot with vegetable stock. Allow to slowly boil for 10 minutes or so. Blend until smooth and velvety - My hand blender works perfectly. Serves about 4 depending on how thick you want it.

Serve with a small dollop of sour cream or low fat greek yoghurt. Always best with lots of warm bread/toast and butter! Yep - SO so good!