Easter Swap Hop - Gluten Free Brownies

Well folks it's Easter Swap Hop time and i'm super excited to share a great recipe with you I got to try - and ALSO lots of other great blogs and recipes!

I swapped with Torrey and you can read her blog here. We are both gluten free so that helped a bit! Now I tried this recipe after a long and stressful day at work and half way through realized I'd read the recipe as 4 sticks of butter rather than 2, and while trying to Google how many cups is in a stick of butter in the US is I ended up with 1.5 times the required amount - so I added another half of all the ingredients in the recipe. Crisis averted!
















Now, as the recipe told me too, once it was all mixed together and looking all nice and shiny, I grabbed a nice clean teaspoon to taste the batter. Bleh. Sooo bitter! Then I looked over the recipe (after a big sip of diet coke to rinse out my mouth) and realised there was no sugar in the recipe. I'm not sure if i'm used to very sweet things and the recipe doesn't call for it, but I added 1 cup of sugar and gave the mix a quick stir - now that was yummy!





Ingredients:
3/4 cup Cocoa
1.5 cups Butter (melted)
6 eggs 
2 1/4 C. Tapioca Flour/Starch ** Or you can replace this with half Cornflour and half Tapioca flour**
1/3 tsp Salt
3 Tsp. Vanilla
1 cup Sugar
Chopped Walnuts (or some other nuts - optional)

Method:
Preheat oven to 180C / 350F. (Don't leave it on the 'keep warm' setting like me and wonder after an hour why they aren't cooked yet).
1.    Add all dry ingredients into a bowl, whisk together until fully incorporated.
2.    Add melted butter, eggs and vanilla slowly to mixture while mixing *I use a hand mixer* until smooth.
3.    Eat a spoonful of the batter. Seriously.
4.   Transfer batter into a 9x13 greased pan.
5.    Sprinkle with chopped walnuts and lightly mix with a fork.
6.    Bake at 180C / 350 F for 25 min or until toothpick comes out clean when testing.

I frosted with a nice spoonful of Betty Crocker chocolate icing (pre-made, yes please) and it was awesome.  You could eat them plain too.

Here is everyone else who joined up and there recipes: {i'll add more as they are posted}

And look out for another Easter Swap Hop post from me over the weekend - I got to swap with two lovely ladies so have another great recipe to share with you!

If you try any of the recipes you have to let me know. You can tweet me or tag me in your instagram {@jessrfrost} OR the facebook page.

Also, if you feel so inclined, there is a button on the sidebar which says VOTE FOR ME in the Best Australian Blogs competition, which of course has nothing to do with chocolate recipes. If you do i'll send you a million virtual kisses!