a love affair

I'm having a love affair with Jamie Oliver this month. Well my mouth is. Eww that sounds bad. 
TASTE BUDS! My taste buds are. 

You see, I love to cook. Actually I have moments of loving to cook. Dinner parties - check, trying new (easy) recipes - check, after a long tiring day at work and not eating until 9.30pm - not check, when i'm 'expected'to cook - not check.(I'm really not as high maintenance as I lead you to believe I promise). 

That husband of mine, objection of my affection he is, is sympathetic to my mixed feelings about cooking. He knows when i love it that i LOVE it and smile and dance around the kitchen, and sing... oh boy do I sing.

So he tries to help me build that love - also because he reaps the benefits (in the form of yummy dinners and lunches). For christmas, he gave me Jamie Olivers new book - 15 minute meals. Now, none have taken 15 minutes but I also haven't followed all the rules (not having everything laid out ready to go, washing up as I go as I can't stand a bench stacked with dirty chopping boards/pans etc). The recipes have been pretty easy though!

We've tried 3 dishes to date and each one has been amazing, and equally as amazing for lunch the next day and i've enjoyed making them AND they don't take very long either!