Spiders, bigger than your hand!


I think i've already told you that my husband is a hero.
He saved me from injuring a nicompoop at the cinema, and many other things I can't even think of right now!

Most recently, I was walking into our bedroom to get ready for bed. As I went to turn on the light I saw something on the ground, and it was moving. As I flicked on the light it scurried under the bed... yes it was this 
M Gray © Australian Museum
A big hairy hunstman. even looking at the picture makes my skin crawl!

Now I know they aren't deadly. Growing up in Australia where we have plenty of scary creepy crawlys you get to know what to be scared of - in fact out of the 10 most deadly snakes in the world, Australia has 6 of them!

But this sucker still made my skin crawl, with lots of jumping around and squealing. 
No sooner did I let out a big squeal did my hero come to the rescue, completely tearing our bedroom apart - while I stood near the door (an easy escape should mr. spider come looking for me) saying over and over "if we can't find it, i'm not sleeping in here, i'm NOT sleeping in here!".

Good news is he found it, and said spider was 'removed' from the situation. 
Bad news, I didn't take a poto of our bedroom. It was pretty hilarious how one small thing 
(well it wasn't THAT small - easily bigger than my palm including legs) could cause such destruction.

I love my sunburnt country but do we really have to have so many (deadly!) creepy crawlies??