Soup a yeh yeh... {recipe time}

The rain has descended on old Sydney town. I spent most of today with wet cold feet and wet shoes...not pleasant. So when home time came, and the usual ''so..... dinner. what do you want?' conversation' happened, soup was on my mind.
I wish I didn't forget my Wellies today!!
I wanted Pumpkin. Tommy suggested various ways to add some kind of meat to that (umm bleh!)


Growing up we were generally a (dutch) pea & ham or pumpkin soup family so i've never really been into others. A few weeks ago it was an unexpected cold day and the salad I packed for lunch wasn't going to cut it, so I got soup that was the special at a local cafe - chicken and corn. Thought it was worth a try. (Ahhh, it was yum!)

So tonight, that's what popped into my mind not long after we talked about soup. I'd never made it before and it's hard going into a new dish when you have a pre-conceived notion of what you want it to taste like.

Well now I am completely stuffed on (more than... ooops) one bowl of soup. It was tasty. and the Mr. liked it too... and it also filled the meat requirement. (bonus!)

So here is my chicken and corn soup recipe (adapted from here)

1 large chicken breast/2 cups cooked chicken shredded (even bbq chicken leftovers) *
1.5 cans creamed corn (545g)*
2 small cans corn kernels (250g) /2 fresh corn cobs *
1.5 litres water
1/2 tbsp of flour (I used rice flour)
2 eggs, lightly whisked
3 dessert spoons of chicken stock powder
salt and pepper

Bring the water to the boil. Add the stock and stir well. Add the chicken and corn (creamed and kernels). Return to boil and then reduce to simmer. season to taste with s&p. Take out a 1/2 cup liquid and mix the flour into it. Stir so the flour is all mixed in and pour back into the soup. This will help thicken it a little :)

Slowly pour in the eggs while stirring the soup, in a constant stream (it goes all ribbon-ey throughout the soup - you can't really taste it but totally MAKES the soup). Add more s&p if needed.

Best served with warm toast with butter ... mmmm mmm :)
Ok maybe I used a-LOT of butter... :)
A few extras - 
*If you have uncooked chicken I just let it simmer in stock until cooked through and then shredded it/sliced it up. You can also put several chicken breasts in a slow cooker on high for 4 hours (as is, no sauce etc) and it comes out perfect - great for sandwiches/salads/keep in fridge for easy week night meals - like this soup!
*basically all the corn that was in my pantry. I would have preferred some fresh corn if I had it.