Thank you, I love you.

This last week has been tough.

I've been speechless really (what's the equivalent for typing?). I thought of things I wanted to share but I was brought down each time.

Today marks 1 year since we lost the strongest man I've ever known. I miss my daddy every single day.

This year has taught me more about appreciating each day, family and the love I know my Heavenly Father has for me.

There are things I want to change, to say again, to spend more time, to say things over again, to treasure each moment a bit more. I think that is hardest thing to bear. I know my daddy is ok. I know he is happy and looking over me.

But I want more moments. I want to see his face smiling at me. I want to joke with him. I want to hear how excited he would have been when we finally have a baby in the future. I want to see him cuddling my kids and playing with them. I want to see him with my mum in his arms.

All I can say though, is to everyone who still has their parents with them, don't take them for granted. Don't waste the time you have with them and never forget all that they have done for you.
Because one day, like me, you'll wish you could say "thank you and I love you" just one more time.