Let's discover the digital world, together

Did you know that 56% of parents whose child has received nasty or hurtful messages 
online are not aware of it.


Today is Safer Internet Day. When I first saw it I thought "what is this random awareness day that's being plugged today?" BUT then I actually clicked through and read what it was about. I wasn't at all surprised when I read that 26% of children report having a public social networking profile but that 12% of European 9-16 year olds say they have been bothered or upset by something on the internet.

Personally when we have children I don't want the internet upsetting them. I find my use of the internet informative, enriching and entertaining. I use a filter to protect us from obscene and disgusting parts of the internet.

So what is Safer Internet Day all about? It's to promote safer and more responsible use of online technology and mobile phones, especially amongst children and young people across the world.

So let's all do a little more to make some changes, talking to each other about online safety, little kids, teenagers and parents.

More info visit here & here.