Oh Happy Day!

I purposely didn't title the blog post Happy Mothers Day because it's not just about that.... And 15 of the 20 blogs on my feed today had some version of 'Happy Mothers Day' in the title. And I like to be a little different ok?...

First of all, I have amazing women in my life. My mum and sisters are my best friends. I hope if i'm lucky enough to have a baby one day, I can be even half as good a mother as my mum & sister are. I'm so grateful for their influence in my life and I thank God for them each day.


But the blog I appreciated the most this mothers day was over at Nat's blog. Now when I'm reading Nats blog I sometimes feel like i'm reading my own thoughts (if I had a baby and was living in NYC... not to mention the many other differences to our lives). So her most recent post really meant something to me, especially just experiencing a mothers day where I felt the gap of not yet being a mama.

You see, I shouldn't complain, some women try for years and years and never fall pregnant. I just have a very bossy uterus that likes to me cry when I see tv commercials about newborn babies or scream (in excitement) when another one of my friends announces a pregnancy and then start pouting that I don't have no baby cookin' away too! Until you really think about it though, it can be a really long journey to finally getting a bun in that oven there. So this mothers day, I'm grateful for the mums in my life... But also to Nat and Sheri Dew... for getting me through this mothers day without feeling too bad...

So I just wanted to say, thank you!

And yes I gladly took the chocolate flower thingy the young women were handing out at church to mums... And future mothers