7/52





















:: A portrait of my baby, once a week, every week, for a whole year ::

My favourite time of day is bedtime. I mean, I've always loved that time as I love sleeping but at the moment it's for a different reason. It's when I feel our little boy move the most. That quiet time when i've gotten myself all ready for bed, I lie down, everything is quiet and calm. I put my hands on my belly and then he starts. A thud here, a tumble there.

Although there a lots of things that make this pregnancy feel real (this tummy, my need for food, my tiredness, the fact it's increasingly hard to pick things up off the ground). But these moments, they are my favourite. I love them so much because sometimes I worry I'll wake up and it's all a dream.

I've been worried for a while I haven't felt him move a lot, although my midwife and doctor have assured me it's perfectly fine and normal when you have an anterior placenta.That means my placenta basically grew from the front rather than the back so there's lots of cushioning to prevent me feeling his constant acrobatics. However, I longed to feel him, to be reassured he was actually in there and okay.

So after I ate dinner on Saturday and for the first time I felt a distinct thud after thud, I couldn't stop smiling. I'm so lucky to be the mum of this little boy.