Loving what I've always hated: the tummy



I have always hated my stomach. I even remember, at just 10 years of age, thinking I was overweight and being self conscious about my stomach. Looking at photos, I was just a regular 10 year old - definitely not fat. But even throughout the different sizes i've been over the years, my constant body hate has been my stomach.

The first few months of pregnancy I still felt the same, my soft squishy stomach was now spilling upwards towards my waist and I felt like I was just getting thicker and thicker. I still tenderly touched my stomach, connecting with my baby, but aesthetically, I did my best to hide it.

Over the last week, I think my belly has just kind of popped out and I decided to embrace it rather than try and hide it. Over the last few days of 'celebrating' my belly my whole attitude has shifted. I know it's 150% to do with my baby but it's so odd how I now feel about my most hated area of my body. 

In fact, I love this belly so so very much. I glance at it in every mirror, every glass window or doorway. I'm so so grateful for it. For the first time in my life, I love this stomach and really, I couldn't feel luckier.

The other day, as I took a little walk around the block at work for some fresh air I caught sight of that little bump in the glass. All those thoughts of love and gratitude just dawned on me and how my feelings toward my tummy have changed so so much. So apologies in advance if there's a lot of photos of this tummy on instagram and here on the blog, I just love it so.