1/52




A portrait of my baby, once a week, every week, for a whole year

A new year and a new project. Last year I started 52 Lists which I liked but I didn't keep it up. I saw Jodi's 52 portrait project last year and wanted to join but am not much for taking photos of myself (hence the lack of selfies on my instagram).

Now that the miracle we've been praying so long for has happened with our baby on it's way, I had an idea. I thought it might be a nice to take a picture each week of my baby, as it grows in my belly and after he (or she!) arrives. I don't profess to be a photographer but I thought i'd give it a go...

So here is our little baby, in my tummy at just over 15 weeks. I don't know if you are meant to be showing at this stage but none of my pants fit anymore and I can't suck this ever-rounding tummy in so i've decided to embrace it.

I feel so so blessed but at the same time I am sorry if this is upsetting for those who discovered my blog through my posts on infertility. 

I've been thinking about this year and I think the best focus going forward for this blog is to use it to document our lives, especially now we are so blessed that this includes our growing baby. I hope I can share it with you.