IVF: Hyper-stimulation and good news



The day we got the phone call that the IVF worked and we were pregnant it was hard to believe.
I had been really sick. My stomach was really bloated and really tender for days. I was nauseous. I called the after hours nurses at our IVF clinic the night before as I felt terrible. She gave me the run down that it sounded like I had some Ovarian Hyper-Stimulation (OHSS). Fun.

It explained though why I felt so terrible. I knew something wasn't right for days and days but had ignored it thinking I was being dramatic. Lesson for me to listen to what my body is telling me.

I went in the next morning to the clinic so they could check my hormone levels. I was planning to go in and go to work (soldier on and all that!) but I felt so terrible I had to lie down at the clinic until Tom could come and pick me up. 

He carefully took me home and I rested. A little after lunch time I got the call. I called Tom and we had the phone on speaker. It didn't take long for the nurse to tell us that the test was positive. We couldn't believe it. My HCG levels were 268 - very good for 3 weeks and 6 days! 

The rest of the day was a mix of resting because I was still feeling terrible and excitedly telling family. Just for the fun of it I took a home pregnancy test. After 3 years of negative tests it was amazing to have a positive one. The best two pink lines i've ever seen!