QUINOA FLAKE GRANOLA
w/ Cranberry, Peach & Almonds




So, Granola with yoghurt and fruit is my most favourite breakfast. Since being gluten free I've missed it (so much!). I searched yesterday and found a recipe for granola using quinoa flakes which look a little oat-ey (if you squint). So today I thought i'd give it a whirl.




I'm kind of super impressed with myself because it's awesome and I ate two bowls. (Because it tasted so good, not because I was impressed with myself).

Ingredients:
1/2 cup olive oil
1/2 cup maple syrup 
3 cups quinoa flakes 

1/2 cup chopped almonds 
1/2 cup chopped dried peaches
1/2 cup dried cranberries
1/3 cup sunflower seeds

(You could do most other dried fruit & nuts if you like some others better).

What to do:
Whisk oil and maple syrup stir in quinoa flakes. Bake in 180C oven, on baking paper until golden brown. Make sure you stir several times so the sides don't burn. When cool, mix in fruit & nuts. It should keep 2 weeks in airtight container - if you can make it last that long!

Makes about 8 1/2 cup serves.

Happy Sunday! I know what i'm having for breakfast every day this week.