LA VIE EN ROSE


What have you been listening to this week? I can't stop listening to La Vie En Rose by Dean Martin. ( I love pretty much any version but especially Edith Piaf - the original and the Louis Armstrong one)I think it's just so dreamy. It just picks me up wherever I am and takes me to somewhere else, all of my own.

I think sometimes I was born in the wrong era. Music from several decades ago seems to touch me and I relate to it so much better than music from today. I'm really happy my parents played the music they liked all the time when I was a kid, rather than letting us listen to whatever we liked.

On Saturday mornings as a kid it was clean up time. My parents would pump some music super loud and we all cleaned the house - the music they liked, not the Wiggles (well the mid 80's equivalent??).

Now we are all grown and have homes and families of our own, my sisters and I all do the same thing. I can't wait for the day when I play my music super loud, much to the torment of our children while I make them help clean our house.

Is there anything you hated doing as a kid that you do now as an adult by choice? Tell me!