Give up soda? Sure, it's SO easy!




Have I told you that i've given up the soda? I probably have. It's kind of a big deal around these parts so I think it warrants further discussion. Not just diet coke. All of it. But especially the caffeinated diet variety (of which are my most favourite!). 

It happened after my naturopath strongly implored me to. She told me amazing stories of her clients who stop drinking DC and next month are all pregnant. It's been 3 weeks and i'm not pregnant yet so i'm still a bit skeptical. 

I mean really? Aren't we all just allowed one vice? I don't drink, smoke, do drugs. I have a diagnosed sleep disorder which means when I'm tired - i'm stinking tired. There is nothing they can give me to make the tiredness better, except medicine which is pretty much like hard core uppers. Umm, no thanks. So my little vice was a diet coke (or two - sometimes three) to get me through the day with my eyes open. 

I know it's not the epitome of healthy but I don't think strong medication is either if you can avoid it. I eat hardly any fast food, we make almost everything at home from scratch - no microwave meals in this house. So what's a bit of soda hey?!

I may have had several rants about crack whores getting pregnant but I can't even drink a diet coke. I know, this old life isn't fair sometimes. On the upside it's Friday which means I get to sleep in tomorrow, spend a good part of the day sewing and watching movies with that lover of a husband of mine. What are your weekend plans?

Oh and I still want to drink diet coke everyday. I don't feel like a magical unicorn for not having chemicals in my body. AND i'm more tired than ever. 
It better work because this sucks.