Meet Yoko.



This is my bonsai. Her name is Yoko. 

I bought her last week when the plants in our office disappeared. Some work friends and I ventured to buy some new plants for our workplace. Because really, what is a workplace without plants? 

Once the green was gone we craved for it and mourned over the loss of it. {99% of the team are women if you hadn't guessed already}.

So Yoko now lives on my desk. Why is her name Yoko? Well she is a bonsai so I think a Japanese name is the only proper thing to do. No I didn't just name her after Yoko Ono, though I love the Beatles more than a 28 year old should. 

On a week when I spent most of the time trying to convince myself I wasn't pregnant, though I really thought I was, but then I really wasn't - without even thinking about it, I named my plant with a name that means "leaf child". 

Is it a sign or a lucky guess? I think it's something to cheer my 'mother-heart' on a cold Monday morning when all I wanted to do was sew and write for this little blog. Who knows. But at least as I think about the week ahead and how long it is until I get to sleep past 6am, little Yoko will cheer me up.