childhood dinners



My sisters and I all eat really fast. We joke that it's because if we didn't eat fast when we were young, the others would try and eat our dinner.

Sometimes for dinner it would be simple. Sandwiches and watermelon, the kind of thing you want to eat on a hot summer evening. Yet, 8 year old me would look shocked at my mum and ask "What is this?". After being told this was dinner I'd proclaim that this 'wasn't dinner'. Where was the meat? Where was the gravy?.

I have no memories of getting in trouble for saying something like that so I think my mother is a saint! It's safe to say i'm much more relaxed about dinner these days. When Tom worked nights I mostly ate a variety of toast, cereal or eggs. Exciting I know.

To get back into the 52 Lists {that has been seriously neglected while we were on holiday in the US} i'm starting with my favourite childhood dinners.


What were your favourite dinners you had as a kid? I'd love to know!