Budgets and other grown up stuff.



Being a grown up sucks sometimes.

We just got back from our holiday and back to a lot of 'adult' responsibilities. That means I need to revise our budget. Do you have a budget? Our budget shows my inner OCD. It's a excel spreadsheet with formulas and everything. Some people might thinks it's too much but i'm pretty impressed with myself.

It's hard sometimes though. Trying to figure out how to make it all work. I feel like i'm adding extra lines of things we need to pay for, rather than taking them out. I'm kind of procrastinating re-working the budget because it will be a little stressful.

I think it's all about balancing priorities really. One thing that is not negotiable in our budget is insurance. This anxious lady likes to prepare for the worst (while hoping for the best!). There have been so many times that i've been grateful for that choice - like the many times stupid Sydney drivers have hit my car or a storm has damaged our home. 

So what are your 'non negotiable' items in your budget? This budget-nerd would love to know!