It's all about the food.



Our last (full) day in New York was a big one... {weren't they all?}. We overslept (like we did most days) so had to rush to make our booking time to cycle through central park and grabbed some breakfast on the run...


We did it through a living social deal we bought, though the bike really sucked... so if you are inclined to cycle through the park - hire them from the central park boathouse or the Citibank bikes that are all over the city. {Seriously,  I wanted to throw my bike in the lake!}.

As our plans were a bit delayed for the day (& my bike royally sucked) our ride through the park wasn't as relaxing as I thought it was going to be. We gave up after an hour and went onto our next activity - The American Museum of Natural History.


Where is Owen Wilson??
Now I didn't expect it to be exactly like the movie (night at the museum!), I mean we were going in the day time and the chances of the exhibits coming to life were slim... BUT I was seriously underwhelmed. Kids seemed to love the place and there is more 'hands-on' things for the kids to do. Compared to The Met though... so unimpressed with the Natural History Museum.  {Looking at our photos now I seem like a super-harsh critic. Let's just say, when I was there I wasn't impressed but our photos are cool}.





After the underwhelming visit to the Museum, we went down to the 9/11 Memorial. Honestly, as soon as we arrived, tears filled my eyes and my heart was full for all those effected by the tragic events (
both in 1993 and 2011). I also prayed for all those who have lost their lives and/or their loved ones in other tragedies over the world who don't have plaques marking their memory. It's amazing how places can hold such emotion in them. It was so surreal being there and standing in that place, where so many lives were lost. I hugged Tom much tighter that afternoon.



















As it was our last night in this fair city we decided to make our way back down to the West Village for dinner! We visited the place I loved the most on our food tour (Choza Taqueira!), got some amazing pie from this super cute patisserie and then ice cream from Big Gay Ice Cream - the spicy chocolate fudge sauce was the bomb!









We ate the pie when we got home.... and dude! I wish we discovered that pie on the first day because we would have gone and got a piece every single day!