And that's a wrap New York!




Our last day in New York decided to send us out with a bang... or my like a pour. There was torrential rain from when we woke up until we got on our (delayed) plane. We planned to spend the morning trying to find locations from one of my most favourite movies (You've Got Mail!), so that's what we did - in the rain!





After getting ourselves thoroughly soaked from the pouring rain, we attempted to visit the Union Square Farmers Market. I just imagined that if it was a beautiful sunny day how lovely the market would have been. The vibrant colours of the fresh produce was just amazing. {Yes i'm a dork who was super excited by produce... I want a farm!}.








Afterwards we headed straight to the Flat Iron District and took a few photos. We went to a cafe nearby and just so happen to see Melissa George! I knew we couldn't spend a week in New York and not see a celebrity. I was nervous to say hello to her but she was SO lovely and chatted to us for a few minutes and asked all about our trip.




Then our rain soaked adventure continued and we went to Levain Bakery for some of their famous cookies, back to Jacque Torres for some hot chocolate to warm up and a ice cream sandwich.


We didn't eat our Levain cookies until a day or two later as we were so stuffed so I carried them in my handbag with us to Ohio. Let's just say now, holy balls those cookies were good! They were huge, nowhere possible to eat one on your own (& at $4 a pop lucky you can't eat one whole one to yourself).


Our final stop was at Zabars for some yummy cheese! We took it in a cooler bag to Ohio in my checked luggage - I was only confident doing so because it was a super cold day. When we got there and got our bag unpacked the cheese was still icy cold - success!

And that's it folks... our whirlwind week in New York city. I can't believe a trip I spent so much time planning has been and gone. It was so great and I'm so glad we went. We did so much, so next time we definitely won't submit our jet-lagged mind and bodies to so many activities. Go hard or go home right?


Guess where we are heading tomorrow? Amish Country in Ohio. I'm so {bleepin'} excited. I want to come home with apple pie and 10 jars of jam and preserves - fingers crossed!