Style Icons

:: via ::

I've always been kind of stuck in between several different genres when it comes to fashion. I like bits of many different styles and have never really known where I belong.

It feels somewhat like a clique. What group do I fit into? The hipsters, the bohos, the preppy's. I've never really fit into one mould. I had a really hard time for a big chunk of high school. The girls who were my friends suddenly starting hating me and were so horrible. They spread vicious rumours and once, even threw food at me. Nice.

I was glad that I eventually found a small group of girls who were kind, happy and liked me for who I was. I don't feel like I've had a lot of trouble finding friends since then (phew) but I still think I'm in-between when it comes to style and fashion. I think it's the same with my taste in music, I like bits of everything.

However, when it comes to clothes I don't think being so eclectic works that well. I often look at my wardrobe and think what 2 year old (short attention span) put this together... so i'm on the hunt for my signature style. How I can build up a foundation of style and go from there (sounds rather logical and over the top for just the clothes I wear right?).

After watching this youtube video the other day though, I think i'm definitely leaning towards the traditional style.


*update* I saw this other video the other day I think i'm Traditional/Modern. What do you think?

I know some people are haters, or think she dresses in a rather boring way, but I think Kate Middleton is classic. I like things to be timeless and classy. I find it very unlikely that in 20 years people will look back at Kate and think her clothes 'are like so 2011'. I like how I feel when things (be it me or our house) look neat and well put together.

So for my 52 lists - Style Icons it makes sense that my style icons are the very classic, traditional ladies. (please note I don't think Jennifer Aniston is in the same league as Grace Kelly - You would have permission to kick me in the big toe if I did... I just have really not seen her in anything I don't like (post 1999) so I think she's worthy of the list for a modern take on classic style).



So, what style are you? Who are your style icons? Let me know below.
And don't forget to enter the giveaway - it ends on Friday!