I'm {Really} Not A Fashion Blogger


This is roughly a weeks worth of outfits for me (guess which one was saturday?). But let's get something straight right away - I am not a fashion blogger. I like clothes. I do my best to look nice. I enjoy fashion. But I'm not someone who inspires others in fashion. and having my photo taken modelling clothes is kind of a nightmare. I'm all for a snap here and there, particularly with Tom... to me that's recording memories. 


So this is where you come in. I need some help. I feel like I wear the same clothes all the time. When I come to buy clothes I struggle because I hate spending a lot of money {and feel like a chubster when I try anything on}.

I figure I need a bunch of 'staples' as a starting point to work with some more 'statement' pieces I already have - or might get. Does that sound right? 

We are off to the USA in a few months (umm YAY!) and the shopping is 10 times better than here. So I need to get this wardrobe stuff sorted out before then so I know exactly what I need to buy. Also I figured as all the winter stuff goes on sale I can buy online, ship to my sister who lives there, bring it home to Australia just in time for our winter - genius right?

The lovely people at Joules clothing also sent me this amazing tweed equestrian style coat and I really want to find as many ways to wear it as I can this winter. I think it would look great with some skinny jeans and boots. (I mean, the buttons, oh my i'm in love).




So here is where you come in. What are your wardrobe staples? What is a good foundation for a winter and summer wardrobe? As you can see in my the pictures, I need some advice! And look at that coat, I really need to make the best use because I literally want to wear it every-single-day.