Good Things To Bake



A few weeks ago on a Sunday, we had hardly any food yet I was trying to make something edible for dinner. In the end I concocted some random vegetable/pasta bake thing. Tom, who thoroughly enjoyed it, turned to me and said "you'll make a great mum". I said "why?", "...because you just know how to bake things".

I really love that guy. We both know there is more to being a great parent than the ability to make nice food and hope we are blessed to be parents one day (this decade please!!), but I just loved that he said that to me. 

This weeks list made me so hungry. It's pretty much influenced our meals for the next few days and what I ate for lunch today (yep, a nice healthy veggie sandwich AND a side of hot chips). I think it helps that it's cold and rainy and I just want warm comfort food because I can't be home my warm bed watching a DVD.  

On Saturday I stayed in bed until 1pm - Tom bought me breakfast in bed, I sat on my laptop - it was heaven. Now i'm wishing I could repeat that every day this week as the rain continues to fall and the temperatures hover below 20C (68F).


So what would make your list? There isn't much better than pulling something all warm and toasty that has been baking in the oven to feed lots of cold & hungry tummies. Tell me, what are your favourite things to bake?