A very {handmade} christmas

My niece last Christmas (I think she liked her present - don't you?)
So let's talk Christmas... no i'm not 4 months late, or 8 months early...i'm being prepared. You might think this is a little OCD but let me explain. 

Handmade.

I want to give everyone handmade presents this year. I don't think i'll manage every single person we'll give presents too but I want to do as many as I can. 

I'm focusing first on the large chunk of my family that come early December will be leaving our sunny shores to live in Canada for a year. Whilst i'm very excited for them (and the fact I can make them cold weather presents) i'm kind of in denial how I will manage not seeing my sister, her husband and her 3 kids for a whole year ... Boo. I'm hoping it's only about 10 months and we get to go to Canada for the next Christmas (please Santa please).

Anyway, that was an incredibly long winded way of saying that if I want to do this handmade thing I need to get started YESTERDAY! I mean, I have a day job! I don't get to sit at home all day and crochet so handmade presents needs lots of forward planning. I'm starting first with the future-Canadians as it's much easier to think of handmade presents that are good for cold weather.

Here's some of my ideas (I take no credit, it's all via Pinterest as I haven't made anything yet - links below)





1 /  2 / 3 / 4 / 5
Do you have any ideas what I can make? I also have a great deal of 'summer-Christmas' family that I really don't know where to start with handmade presents. You don't exactly want to open a nice and warm crocheted beanie on a 30C/86F Christmas morning! 

So 'crafty-pinterest-loving' people, any ideas?