I made the right choice.


You know that moment when something you were planning in your mind, actually comes to fruition and it's as good (or better) than you expected? It doesn't always happen for me, especially for projects. I get super frustrated and can't stop until it's finished. Most of the time it doesn't exactly work the way I plan. 

Well this isn't one of those times! Years ago I shared an apartment with my sister and she got a awesome old table. I loved it but it needed some TLC. Then a whole lot of other stuff happened to fast forward to today (marriage for me / house bought for my sister) and she got custody of the table. Fast forward to a few months ago and they didn't need it any more so the table became mine again. 


Looks a bit sad doesn't it. My first plan was to re-paint it white. Easy enough. We already had some decent chairs with our current 
(very rickety) dining table that could go with it. But when we started stripping the paint the wood underneath was really nice. I'll save you the debate that ran through my head for about 2 weeks whether to keep it wood or paint it white.


After the table sat in our garage area for about a month I decided to enlist help and our carpenter-type / handy cousin came to our rescue. We painted the old dining chairs white and I am in love with our new dining setting!



























What do you think? I keep touching it as I walk by but am too nervous too put anything on it because I don't want to ruin it! I think my next project might be table mats (I think i'm officially 65 years old with that comment). 

Have you made or fixed anything up lately? Tell me!

Oh and do you like free stuff? I'm co-sponsoring a giveaway today over here at this blog - go & enter! Entries close in a few days.