Corn Fritters with Rocket, Avocado, Tzatziki and Tomato Relish {Gluten Free}

So corn is totally awesome. Don't you think? I mean, yellow is the happiest colour. And with that here is a super yummy corn recipe for your weekend. I posted this ages ago but I've improved the recipe & cooked it again yesterday so here it is:

Corn Fritters
(makes about 12)

Ingredients
1.5 cups Gluten Free SR Flour 
1 tsp salt
2 tsps turmeric (or paprika)
2 tsps cumin 
2 tsps lemon juice
1 egg
3/4 cup water
4 cups corn kernels (I used 5 fresh cobs. Don't pre cook them. Mixing with canned would work too)
4 shallots, finely diced
salt & pepper, to season
olive oil, for cooking

Method
Throw everything (except olive oil) in a mixing bowl and makes sure it's well combined. The mixture should be think and not very runny. Spoon heaped spoonfuls (dessert size) of the mixture into a medium/hot frying pan. Turn when underside is golden brown. 

Serve fritters warm on a bed of rocket, with tzatziki, tomato relish and lots of fresh avocado.



















Side Notes & Variations
I used store bought *light tzatziki and a GF tomato relish.

Vegan:  Omit the egg for just a little more water. I've tried and they still work fine. Use soy unsweetened yoghurt instead of the tzatziki.
Meatlovers: Grill some chicken breast and serve along side the fritters (like I did below for Tom - who also doesn't like avocado)
Gluten Free: You can use pretty much any flour you like. I've used GF and Spelt.
Spices: Last time I used Paprika, this time I didn't have any so used Turmeric and they were just as yummy.




Enjoy!