Sweet Red Plums & Grilled Cheese Sandwiches


If you get that reference you are awesome (and it's proof I love really lame movies - hence the quote!)

Nothing brings back memories to me more than a smell (followed closely by music). You know, the particular smells that remind you of summer or transforms you back to a time in your childhood. 

The smell of Garnier Pure Face Wash reminds of the first 6 months after high school. I was studying by long distance (associate degree in law - so not the right degree for me) and i'd gone to Sydney for a few days (was still living at home) to stay with my oldest sister and her husband to attend a distance learning weekend at the Uni campus. 

The smell of fresh bread reminds me of the years after my parents bought a bread maker and mum would set the timer so the bread would be cooked when we woke up in the morning.

The burning of a fireplace reminds me of home, where I grew and became who I am today. The wood burning fireplace my dad built would constantly roar with a fire through the winter. I sat in front of it when I woke in the morning, dressed for school, ate breakfast, did home-study seminary (country-kid!) right until the last minute before I had to leave and as soon as school was done I was back in front of that fire.

This week for the 52 lists project we are up to list three: my favourite smells

I think a lot of mine have to do with things being fresh or new. I think clean things. I do enjoy the smell of my house when it's all nice and clean. That's kind of half detergent, half scented candles smell. I decided to start using all my pretty smelly candles. I was saving them for sometime special, but isn't everyday special? It sure is!



What would be on your list? Do we share any? Let me in the comments! If you wanna join in the link up, pop on over to Meet Me at Mikes.