and then my life changed forever...


I love a good fixer upper as much as the next girl/blogger/you know the typeI found a mirror on the street once, fixed her up and now it's got the prized spot on our mantle. My sister picked a table up one day (off the street, like I got the mirror) and I was so in love. So was she. This was when we shared a place and it nicely in our kitchen (a dining room didn't exist in this place). 

Then (long story made short) she didn't want the table any more so now it's on the way to my house! Score. It needs a refurb and i'm excited to see how I can transform it. (bet you can't guess what i'm doing this weekend?)

We had to hire a beat up old ute/truck to pick it up from their house as their aint no way we could fit a table in our car (unless its a flat pack from ikea - which this is VERY not). We've rented trucks from this particular place before and every time I drive them I feel tough, the country girl driving the beat up truck through the streets and doesn't care what you think - I can drive a manual (stick) baby and I'm not afraid to use it (doesn't she sound cool?). 

So as I drove down the busy Sydney streets, with my arm out the window I was imagining my Pinterest-worthy table transformation. (What a combo!)



We arrived at my sisters place and they weren't home yet so we went to the fancy French cafe on the corner, then immediately following Tom and I spoke to each other in French accents as we walked back down the street to the house, convinced we could pass for actual French people.

I bought a banana cupcake with coconut icing (oh la la!) and he got a chocolate tart and we sat in park next to my sisters house where we had our engagement photos taken (oh the romance!). Lets just get it out there right now - this was THE best cupcake eating experience of my gluten free life.



And as any rational person does, I recorded the experience of eating that 'best cupcake of my life' with the iPhone. Then of course i had to upload said photo to Instagram, which kept failing but after a few 'mother effers' under my breath (don't gasp, i didn't actually say the word) it finally worked and the world could share in my happiness.




Seriously you don't understand, good gluten free cake is hard to come by... So I will be back for more.
and it's totally worth a whole blog post and about 50 photos.

And that's the tale of the how I stumbled upon the taste bud party that is a gluten free banana coconut cupcake. (Pretty sure all our lives are changed for the better).