Life lessons, burgers and a laughing seal.

I often don't understand life, why some things happen and some things don't. I don't always understand God's plans but I know he has one for me. I was reminded of that when we saw an advance screening of Life of Pi last night thanks to Nuffnang.
It's an amazing story, one I probably would have thought twice about seeing at the cinema... I don't like paying for the big screen (it be pricey in Australia!) if i'm unsure of the movie. I'm so glad i did. I didn't know a lot about the story beforehand except it's about a boy stuck on a boat with a tiger. Turns out it's about much more. And the cinematography is amazing (like Ah-maze-ing ... Serious it's worth seeing in 3D).

One thing I took away from the movie was something that Pi said - "life is letting go". That might sound a bit 'glass half empty' but i think it's a positive.

If we can let go of our selfishness, pride, fear and lack of faith, we can truly know ourselves, others and our God (in whatever form you worship). When we let go of these things we can become the best versions of ourselves. As we have to let go of things we don't want to be without (like our loved ones) it's only then that we learn things we couldn't have otherwise come to know, like how strong we really are maybe. Or how much they really taught us that we had never realised before.

Well that's my philosophical musings from the film anyway. It's pretty entertaining (& even a bit funny in a few spots).

Oh and let me tell you, before the movie - best gluten free burger that has ever graced my lips at Grill'd (thanks to my awesome sister telling me about it!). It didn't fall apart (and if you know gluten free food you know the bread crumbles like a mother!). They also have this program (which I think is pretty awesome) that is in support of local groups - you get a token when you buy a meal, there are 3 jars representing each group, you put your token in the jar for the group you want to support, each month the group with the most tokens gets $300, the other 2 get $100 each. Tummy feels good and your heart too ...

I like the sound of that.





Oh and to top the night off, when we were leaving the car park we drove past a women who was laughing (not on her own all crazy-like, she was with a guy. He must be funny or something) and she SERIOUSLY sounded like a seal.

Pretty rad monday night if you ask me.