The older I get, the more I think I know so little.


Not that I'm not continually learning but that I think I just keep becoming more aware of how much more there is to learn. More about myself, life, God, trials - all of it.

I remember being a teenager and thinking I knew everything. I couldn't wait to be done with school, work would be so much easier and give you so much more free time (cue the moment i'd like to slap 16 yr-old Jess). Once I finished school i'd meet this man of my dreams and be married before I turned 19. (another slap) Obviously, things didn't turn out that way. But i'm so glad they didn't.

That's the thing though... I thought I knew what would happen with my life and that I knew so much. Now as each year passes, things don't happen how I think they will. We lose my dad to cancer, after years of trying we are still childless etc etc... 

so the longer i'm around, the more I realize that I actually know so little. i'm ok with that and it doesn't mean I think i'm without purpose in my life. I think it's more that i'm starting to grasp the reality of my small place in this large world, the eternities of time and the small sphere I have any ability to control....

Or is this because i'm officially a late-twenty-something in a couple of weeks (eeekk!)?
This was our first date ever... just couple of kids (in their mid twenties) chilling at the drive in.