Pin-Busting!

I'm a skeptic. So often i've seen the cleaning/house-keeping tips on Pinterest and I've thought... nifty idea but I doubt that will actually work. In the spirit of the show Mythbusters I thought I'd start testing them out.

This week we are moving which means lots of cleaning and sorting and packing. My OCD self has trouble admitting my microwave has been seriously neglected lately... please don't judge me, it's gross.


The PIN said to put 1 cup of vinegar in a microwave safe bowl with 1 cup of hot water and microwave for 5-10 minutes. I put it on for 8 minutes, then wiped the microwave and it didn't come off easily. So I set the microwave for another 10 minutes. This time, all the gunk came off really easily....

except a spot at the very back and under the plate. I scrubbed it and it still didn't budge. So I resorted to some heavy duty oven cleaner and was thinking the PIN was BUSTED...

But... the oven cleaner didn't work. I think it's pretty safe to say that if the oven cleaner won't get that off, it's not going anywhere. So in theory, the PIN worked a treat! 



























I just think I'll do it a little more regularly from now on.

If you have any Pins you'd like me to try out let me know in the comments!