There is noone alive who is youer than you!

<insert long paragraph about how things lately have been crazy busy and how exhausted I am here>

I think I often am my own worst enemy. I give myself lists of tasks, expectations, challenges. Yes, it's good to challenge yourself but I think I make things harder for myself than they need to be. Fill every minute rather than allowing time for rest and looking after myself.

A few weeks (maybe months now) I felt like I had an awakening where I knew I needed to start taking care of myself. Saying 'no' rather than 'yes' all the time - especially considering it's me making myself stressed and too busy to cope. I joked around and called it 'the simplification project'. Making life simpler. I even blogged about it here so I was accountable and would live up to it.

I'm so grateful for that moment as this week is a prime example of how there could have been two scenarios that played out. Jess with a simplified week, Jess in nervous breakdown. This week I:
* asked for help
* was realistic with responsibilities I had (or gave myself)
* spoke up when I couldn't do everything I would normally do because I thought 'I should just do it'
* didn't get down on myself for buying dinner instead of cooking one night when I was exhausted and getting home at 8.30pm from work.
* decided not to apply for the higher paying job with more responsibility because it would involve insane amounts of stress and I've decided to be kind to my body and deal with just the stress of infertility for now.

Now as the week is starting to draw to a close (the work week) I feel great. I'm tired, I'm really tired and I haven't been without stress but I know my efforts to make things more simple mean that I got through the week, I didn't break down in tears being overwhelmed with everything I had to do and being insanely stressed. I'm left feeling proud of myself for getting through the week of treatment and being productive at work because I didn't overload all the other areas of my life.

I'm super grateful for the tender moments when God teaches us things. I know 'the simplification project' is one of mine.... I won't always do it well but I know when I try and make the concious decision to look after myself that i'm happier, my marriage is amazing, my body is better off and I feel calmer and more spiritual. I feel like myself. and what's better than being me... not much x

Pinned on my Pinterest Board.