The BLOGGER 411; all you need to know about ME!

Here is the 411- on Jess! Linking up today with Mrs. to Mama... join in via the link below!


1. How long have you been blogging? And what got you started on blogging? Has your blog changed? I've been blogging for about 18 months, I first had a private one because i'm so bad at journal keeping but I wanted something fresh so started this one at the start of 2011. At the time my bad was diagnosed with terminal liver cancer and only had a very short while left with us so it was a great outlet to help me work through my emotions and a good distraction. I don't think the blog has changed much. I do link ups now which I never did before because I like meeting new people and the community that you can get from blogging (while wearing your PJs).


2. Did you go to college? If so where, and what did you study? I've started (and not finished!) several different degrees. I eventually want to finish studying so I can work in speech and language development, specifically focused on children.

3. Where have you travelled? I've been to all capital cities in Australia except Hobart and the Darwin. Overseas i've been to Thailand, the US (Ohio/Hawaii/Utah/San Fran), Barcelona - oh and Heathrow airport :)4. If you won the lottery, what would be the first thing you would buy? I don't even know! Mostly because I wouldn't buy a ticket so i'd be amazed at winning. Second, it'd be a huge holiday for us and all of our family - first stop would be picking up my sister and her boyfriend in Ohio and taking them with us to Europe!
5. What are your 3 biggest pet peeves? 
* Text spelling (before not B4!)
* Wires/leads showing around the house (mostly from the husband games consoles)
* Unmade beds - I can't get dressed in the bedroom unless it's made. Husband thinks i'm nuts, I think it's perfectly reasonable.

6. What is your favorite movie? You've Got Mail... with a bouquet of freshly sharpened pencils

7. What is your drink of choice? Diet Ginger Ale with ice and fresh lemon, after coke zero with ice and fresh lemon of course.

8. What is something you enjoy to do when you have me time? Watching my favourite show. I have only 4 episodes left of the whole series of The West Wing and i'm already sad it's over. I can't wait for the next season of Downton Abbey.

9. If you could have a $10,000 shopping spree to one store, which store would it be?  I'd be boring and practical and pick a department store where I could get clothes, cosmetics, appliances, furniture etc. We're in Australia so i'd pick Myer. 


10. Share with us an embarrassing moment of your past? Or present? Well I think it's a good thing not much springs to mind straight away?! In high school I used a satchel bag for school (the one you wear across your body). One day on the school bus, little did I know that the bag had been rubbing against the buttons on my school shirt and when i'd taken off my bag as I was getting onto the bus my shirt became unbuttoned. It wasn't until about 30mins into the 45min bus ride that I noticed my bra was on show... nice to let me know guys!


11. What day would you love to relive again? Our wedding day. It was the most amazing happy day and it went so fast. I'd treasure every second more, especially the ones with my dad. And if I could change anything I'd get a better photographer, and book a hotel for all my family to stay together in and get ready rather than us staying in our teeny apartment. 


12. If your life was turned into a movie... what actor would play you? In the past i've had a few comments that I looked like Molly Shannon. I disagreed and was kind of offended at the time. Now i'd happily take it as her face is nowhere as 'plump' as mine currently is. If I got to pick anyone, (and it didn't matter if they really looked like you) I'd choose Emma Stone - because I think she's gorgeous! and hilarious... and i'm totally both (ha!)
thanks, wikipedia
13. What are the jobs you had in high school/college/the early years? I worked at McDonalds. Exciting hey? :)


14. Show us a picture from high school or college. This is the 'baby fat face' I hate - that I have again now because I have weight on... and vow to only ever have again when heavily pregnant (because that's pretty unavoidable - fluid retention - and my *teeny tiny* sister had it so there's no way I can escape it


15. If you could travel anywhere in the world, all expenses paid, where would you go? Europe - Greek Islands, Italy, France, Netherlands... ok everywhere. 


16. Show us the most current picture of you or you and your family. 
Taken at my parents farm almost two weeks ago 
17. Where do you see your life 5 years from now? Celebrating our 7th year of marriage (that sounds great!) with at least one child and hopefully another on it's way... I hope in a house rather than our teeny 2 bedroom apartment. As long as Tom and I are together and happy and healthy that's ok with me :)