Balloons for Poppy

Earlier this month it was my Dad's birthday. My sisters and I were definitely daddy's girls and loved to make a fuss of him. It's hard each year that he's not here on his birthday. He'd make a big deal about each present, like it was the best thing he had ever been given. Even if it was something he already had 10 of - like mugs or  tools. I miss his face when was really touched by something. He always made that face when reading cards we gave him.
This year we were at my parents farm visiting my mum on dad's birthday. My older sister was their with her family. We had a cake, planted a rose bush in the garden where he asked us to scatter his ashes and the kids released some balloons for their poppy.



 
It was emotional and felt surreal even 18 months on to not have him there.
Happy Birthday daddy xx