Sunday Confessions...

I've been severely detached from the blog recently. Sorry about that. I do feel like I've enjoyed feeling more like i'm living rather than writing about living but I think I can find a happy balance as I really love the friendships i've made through this little old blog.

So here I am, back - with:



1. I think I may have been too honest. You see, I was feeling really low about our fertility problems and felt like I needed to air it. In hindsight, I think it may have been too honest. To anyone who hasn't been in my position my words would probably seem quite self pitying, sad and un-hopeful. So, my hope is to use my blog to focus on the things i'm happy about and grateful for, no matter how hard things may be on the fertility front. 

2. I'm a little fruit obsessed. I made this little apple baby hat last week for a colleagues (soon to be expected) baby and since then have been making several different types of 'fruit'. So far there's been an orange, a green apple is in production tonight and a lemon is next I think. (pattern can be found via here)



3. My memory is shot this week. I keep forgetting there is a public holiday tomorrow which is great because it's a nice surprise. A not so nice surprise is getting home from spotlight (a HUGE craft store) and realising i'd lost my iphone. Yep, that was pleasant! Thanks to a very helpful spotlight staff member, swift driving by my husband to get us back to the store, the 'Find my phone' app (BEST.THING.EVER) and the huge (ball pit?) of coloured yarn that concealed my phone from light fingers, I got my phone back! (and I know ALL of those things are thanks to a very amazing Father in Heaven blessing me).

**edit** - i just found the open milk in the pantry cupboard... 

4. I ate gluten again. and I feel rotten for it. I was so good this week, and felt great for it. Then on Saturday night we went to visit some lovely family and I couldn't resist the pies on offer for dinner. You haven't eaten until you've had a proper pie from Australia or New Zealand. I need to get the whole 'gluten is poison for my body' idea in my head so no matter how tasty the treat is I won't succumb. (but pastry, oh pastry you wicked mistress!)

5. I think i'm going to make a pavlova tomorrow, just for me. I got a little one from the supermarket yesterday and had it for dessert (a 1 serve size - good job Woolworths) and since then... oh I want me some pavlova. It's seriously my favourite dessert/cake/treat, it's gluten free and is covered in fruit so you feel 'less' guilty. Don't judge, it's awesome. 


Hope you have all had a lovely weekend x