in a rut...

i'm bored. unmotivated. uninspired. all the passion is gone.

...with cooking.


I used to bake. all the time. It was fun. I loved it. then I thought - hey let's turn it into a business. 
so I started baking for people. then i realised I don't like cooking with expectation. Well with someone saying "I want a this cake, with this frosting, this way, with this on top" - you know what I mean. I like cooking to surprise people - when I get to think of something yummy that the person i'm baking for will especially like and seeing their face when they eat it.

then i started feeling bored with cooking dinner. like feeling really bored with cooking the same things all the time. poor husband bears that. now he works nights and i'm on my own for dinner. the first month or two my dinners consisted of - toast. baked beans on toast. eggs on toast. egg on brussell sprouts. bacon and eggs. cereal. exciting huh? (there's plenty of proof on my Instagram)

then i got the guilts and starting cooking again. mostly due to wanting to cook for tom (even though he was eating everything the next day, out of the microwave) and eat healthier.

but, seriously people i'm so bored. i'm even bored with eating. like deciding what to eat and cook is seriously so boring i don't even want to eat.

this week when I heard Nora Ephron had passed away I wanted to watch my favourites out of all her films. You've Got Mail is #1 and I pretty much watch it weekly. but I hadn't seen Julie and Julia in awhile. So tonight I watched it. and I want to feel like that about cooking - exciting, enthusastic and most all - enjoy it.

So any ideas? first thought was a cookbook challenge but plenty of (like a BAZILLION) people have done that, especially bloggers. Come on ladies. Any suggestions would be super. and i'm now gluten free. so any 'famous' cookbooks to work through don't exactly fit the needs of my digestive system. see what I mean?

So, hit with me it... I want to know what you think.

Mwah x

Happy Weekend ahead. We have zero plans... and I love it!