Mothers Heart Day

Mothers day means a lot to many people but I didn't think it would mean something so different to me one day.

It's always meant a day to appreciate my mother and likewise for everyone else. I'm so grateful, beyond words, for all that my mother has given for me. She has lost countless sleepless nights with me as a baby and since then. The many times i'd called her on the phone as an adult and she couldn't do anything to help but listen and be there. I'm glad she's more than just my mum but a friend too.


But the last two mothers day have started to have a different meaning to me. You see, when you start to want to be a mum and then can't, Mothers day comes and goes as a reminder of your body's failure to do what it was meant to. I'm not calling a pity party or resigned to the fact it won't happen... I know we will have kids one day. I just never knew that Mothers day would feel this way.

All I can say is this year, I'm glad I was super jet-lagged from just getting off a flight from London that I didn't have time to let my thoughts of another baby-less mothers day in. But the hour I made it to church (before I crashed out from the jet lag) I gladly took the mothers day flower and said a little prayer to myself that God gives me the strength to get through another year.


Here's hoping next brings an all new meaning of Mothers day (in the form of a being a mumma). and a Happy Mothers day to all the beautiful women in our lives, whether they are your mum, aunt, sister, grandma, cousin, friend. To anyone who mothers, in whatever form, we are grateful for you.

(I know this post is late... re-read the sentence about the jet lag. I'm almost back in our time zone).