Can a full heart get any fuller?

Despite having a cold that threatened to dampen the fun we had a pretty eventful weekend.

First up, I got to catch up with a dear friend that I haven't seen in over 5 years, that I met more than 12 years ago. Although we talked non-stop for the first few hours and stayed up until after 1am chatting, it was like we only last saw each other yesterday.

We chatted, watched Greys Anatomy, ducked out to a local place for dinner and I ate WAY too much. Then, at about 10pm decided it was the perfect time that I, a right handed crocheter to teach Leanne, a left handed knitter how to crochet. Let's just say we are lucky that Leanne is so ambidextrous and picked it up right handed otherwise we wouldn't have had much hope! (it only occured to me now that we took NO photos. Two bloggers getting together and the only photos that were taken were of our food.)

I'm so grateful I have this amazing woman back in my life. I carried a sadness with me, like a weight on my back over the many years that we weren't in touch. I felt the loss of not having her in my life and I am so excited that after all these years I have my friend back. And it's like no time has passed at all.

The next day we drove up the coast and Tom got a new pair of shoes....
Well not exactly shoes but they are pretty dang cute! We spent the remainder of the weekend at my sisters house, playing with her 3 adorable kids. It really freaks me out that her oldest is now almost 8. There was one point when I was cuddling my niece on the couch and thought about those many years ago that I held her as a newborn.

She is not just my sisters first baby but mine and my other sisters too. She was the first tiny babe that graced our family, the next generation. When I first held her I was instantly in love and would do anything to protect this beautiful little girl that made our hearts feel so full. We all have nurtured, loved and celebrated her at each milestone in her life and thank God that we have this beautiful girl in our lives.

When I think about how much I love my nieces and nephews I actually can't imagine how I could love a baby of my own more. I know I will, but it's really hard to fathom. I've got up in the middle of the night to cuddle these kids when they were scared, worried over them being sick or hurt, and can't imagine loving anything more.

Yet, even my sister tells me that when you look down at your own baby, there is a love you never could have imagined. I know how much my heart wants a baby and I have a love for the children I know we are yet to be blessed with but it's hard to understand how it will really feel. It also makes me a little nervous. That my heart could have such a capacity to love, and worry. I guess only a mum knows.
{Colouring the jigsaw puzzles I got them in Barcelona!}