Oh a dream home...

My whole life I always dreamed of a big stately mansion as my dream home. Like the ones you see on 'Revenge' in the Hamptons? or even the house on Father of the Bride?... I mean I want that house!

but increasingly over the last 6 months every house I point out that I love (which I'm sure is annoying to my husband when we are out walking/running) are little cottages. They make me think of a cosy and warm home, inviting and full of love.

I can just picture a charming lounge room with an open fireplace and french doors that open to the garden on sunny spring afternoons. A simple yet decorated kitchen with something freshly baked sitting on the stove and vases of fresh fruit and flowers adorning the tables and benches. I think I can make both ideas work though, now just to get the million dollars it takes to buy a house in Sydney (i'm not even exaggerating!)
 
Here are a few of the home images i've been lusting over on Pinterest.
// Links to all original sources can be found on my Home Pinterest Board //

Oh and don't forget an adorable nursery (for when my body decides to stop being stubborn and stupid)...
via

Today i'm linking up on for: 
...well Wednesday in Australia. This weeks topic is "your dream home". Head on over to Magnolia Pair to check our other dream homes and link up your own :)