Yummy Dinner Times

So this isn't a food blog, actually I don't even know what i'd categorize it as really...what do you think?
Somewhere I randomly post things when I could be bothered? Yep that works!

For a week (actually longer) i've been craving corn fritters. I don't remember what started it but boy did I feel like them. So tonight, guess what we had for dinner? Spaghetti.

KIDDING!! Corn fritters, avocado with tzatiki... and because the Hubs had to eat it too, there was also bacon. Although I ate that separately, I can't do bacon and tzatiki... that's just weird.

Once, a long time ago... well actually about 10 months ago we went on a little adventure for our first wedding anniversary and stopped in a gorgeous little village and had lunch. I had the corn fritters on the menu that were served with rocket, avocado and the most amazing salsa and tzatiki. They were juicy from the fresh corn and crunchy too. I'd tried other fritters since and they were more pancake with corn inside then the original fritters (yes I was sorely disappointed each time)... so tonight, when the latest recipe I tried actually came out somewhat close to that cafe, well my heart darn near leapt out of my chest with joy.

In case you are so inclined here is the recipe

Corn Fritters (Yum Yum)
serves 2 hungry adults... I'd double if you want enough for a decent lunch or to serve more.

1 cup flour (I used spelt flour - only because i'm not eating wheat)
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp cumin
a squeeze of lemon (maybe 1-2 tsps)
1/2 cup water
2 cups corn kernels
2 shallots, finely diced
salt & pepper
olive oil

In a bowl combine flour, baking powder, salt, paprika and cumin and mix together. Add the lemon juice and water and whisk together until smooth.

Add the corn, shallots and salt and pepper and stir until well combined.

Heat a pan to medium and add a small amount of olive oil. Spoon mixture into pan and make into a patty/fritter shape. Turn when the bottom is browned and can lift without falling apart...

Serve with sliced avocado, on a bed of rocket and with tzatiki or a tomato salsa.... YUM!!
If you have someone who can't survive one meal without some kind of meat, you could have some grilled bacon on the side too.
Enjoy ;)

Recipe adapted from here (I would have added egg if I didn't forget to buy them, when I was busy forgetting to buy the rocket).