Yep, I'm having a breakdown

Ok guys, this post is going to be brutally honest. 

I'm freaking out!

If i'm feeling this way today, by tuesday at 4pm when I go to get my braces on I might have a full blown panic attack. I feel sick - nauseous, scared, anxious.

Without braces, I have trouble some days (most days) to look in the mirror and like what I see back at me. 

I know I shouldn't feel this way and I need to do A-LOT of work on loving that girl in the mirror. I have been trying, I really have. I just don't see how, with BIG CHUNKY METAL braces i'm going to over-ride all the positive thoughts i've been trying to tell myself. I don't even have them yet and I have trouble believing myself. I know that I am a daughter of God and have the unconditional love of a great husband. I just have trouble believing others more than  myself. 

This isn't a pity post to get compliments because to be honest, my brain at the moment would read anything as "just being nice". 

All I want to know is, how on earth do I do this? How can I get through the next year or two without dreading looking in the mirror.

Now, if you'll excuse me i'm off to check on the various pots of soup I have going on the stove at the moment so I have something to eat after Tuesday.