the day i became a model

The day was piping hot with a beaming summer sun when that husband of mine shook my shoulder to wake up. I'm not going to lie, I wasn't very impressed at being woken (let's face it, I never really am). We had an uber fun day planned with some uber cool peeps (that also happen to be family - double bonus) - ultimate frisbee! We rolled over to the park and after a short period of time I was right into it and even lifted my head from my crocheting to cheer several times (I know, sometimes i'm such a supportive wife I think I should write a how-to manual).

Then from nowhere (...or maybe heaven!) wandered a majestic lady... with a cane and a sun hat. "Woah" she said, "what are they doing?". "playing frisbee" I answered, pausing in my crocheting (...again! I know I was feeling extra generous today). Then she responded "the light is great, can I sketch them?" "Umm sure" - this time while still crocheting (i'm a total mutli-tasker).

Then she disappeared, just as quickly as she appeared. she may have just been walking away quickly but again, I was crocheting and I get a little OCD into my crafty projects. Aunty Tina and I (my crocheting pal) chatted away as we worked away revolutionising the world that is crocheted crafts. and there she was again,  sitting behind us, the lady with the cane. this time with a little stool and a sketch pad.


Elle came (who also happens to be an amazing artist) and spoke to the sketchy lady, who at that moment announced "I'M A PROFESSIONAL"...that's right folks a professional arteeest in da house! (well park...). about 30 mins later, she got up and moved in front of us. 
The artist started sketching us. Now I could tell she knew what an honour this was, the reverent awe that she moved her brush across the page. So there I was, sitting for this 'accomplished' artist in a park, working on my crocheted baby hat with earflaps (yeh, it's so cute). 
I'm really impressed how she captured the size of my bustage (but next time i'd appreciate some airbrushing in my arms... it's my contract thanks!).

I knew this was one of those life changing moments, I was now a model. That's right peeps, a model. Look out Miranda Kerr, i'm on my way up.

..............................................................